Monday, April 28, 2008

Set #1

Let's get straight to the questions.

5. I'm not able to come to a conclusion from the info given
21. Do you differentiate the unction and if so, what comes next?
23. I got (1/h) [ (-e^(-1)/2+(1/2e)]
28. The functions looks more like a parabola than a sphere- I'm not sure how they arrived at a volume here.
30. I anti-differentiated it to (e^(1+lnx))/(1/x) and then came to 16e-4e=12e.
35. I differentiated [(1/2)y(3^.5/2)y] and got 36(3)^.5
36. I differentiated x^2-kx from 2k to zero and got k^3=54.
37.For f'(g(0)), I got 11, so it already isn't working out for me.
38. Using the arc formula, I came to [(35-4x^2)/(36-4x^2)]^.5, which I should differentiate from three to zero, although the answer seems unlikely.
43. I don't see the connection between the antiderivative of x^2 and the limit above
45. We're not allowed to use calculator, so I'm further perplexed as to what they're trying to find.

Thanks for your help.

4 comments:

MariaCJen said...

for #5, I'm not sure if we are supposed to do this problem because it has a sign over it?

for #21, i made y=4/x and y=x and i set them two equal to each other and found that they both share points at (0,0) and (2,2) and foudn the distance between those two points

for #28, I found what the formula would be and instead of just pi I made it two pi because you are finding the whole volume of the sphere

for #30, I made it (e^1)(e^lnx) which equals ex and I put the e outside of the integral and I just integrated the x part and when you plug the numbers in it comes out to be 6e

Jennifer Oh said...

Yeah, I don't think we're supposed to do 5.

Jennifer Oh said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jennifer Oh said...

For 30, you need to split it into two parts. (e^1)(e^lnx) You should be able to integrate from there.