Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Any Interest?

Trying to come up with alternative 'challenging' things for possible extra-credit:
  • working with me and working ahead to 'knowing' a section well enough to teach it
  • knowing the HW well enough to answer questions about them (but there has to be a time limit so a new lesson can still be introduced
I don't know...it would be tough, but doable. Tough in that you'd have to work out the problems ahead of time and know it well enough to field questions.
If there's an interest, how do I choose?! Randomly?

Other ideas?! I don't want useless stuff. No fluff. It would not and could not be something 'easy'. It has to be earned.

Anyhow. I'm willing to hear suggestions.
Oh! Many of you may like this first part of chapter 6...starting Friday we'll simply be practicing a skill. Namely integration. None of that confusing word problem stuff.
Hehe. That all comes later!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't really understand the first one. But I think the second one is pretty good. I can't think of anything else on the top of my head, but I'll think about it.

Anonymous said...

I like both ideas! If we get the chance to help or teach, we'll know the section/chapter a whole lot better, and we'll probably do a lot better on tests.
I don't have other ideas yet either. :)